There is a link between Art and Business – the processes of realizing an artwork and a product are very similar. Below are a couple of business related articles written for Technorati.com. These processes are like a woven web (no pun intended).
The black paint is like knitted wool
- October 5, 2011 I Would Rather Have A Tooth Removed Without Pain Relief!“Come and visit my new website” – No thanks! This constant bombardment of self promotion from twitter, facebook etc. is driving me nuts. The Internet is a more sophisticated tool than this. It is a travesty to allow it to become a vehicle for pure unadulterated, egotistical spam.in Small Business
- October 4, 2011 Owning A Small Business Has Become A NightmareIs it time to throw in the towel or roll the dice?Horoscopes in newspapers are based on star signs and birth dates; these predict the day’s events. These predictions are based on the laws of probability and chance. You could read your daily horoscope and make the prediction into a self-fulfilling prophecy, you could go out and find that ‘Tall dark handsome man’ or go on ‘A long journey’.in Small Business
- Fingerprints on white borders – nightmare on a short print run. A fingerprint is an impression left by the friction ridges of a human finger = fingerprints are the traces of an impression from the friction ridges of any part of a human hand. Impressions of fingerprints may be left behind on a surface by the natural secretions of sweat from the eccrine glands that are present in friction ridge skin, or they may be made by ink or other substances transferred from the peaks of friction ridges on the skin to a relatively smooth surface such as a fingerprint card. Fingerprints records normally contain impressions from the pad on the last joint of fingers and thumbs, although fingerprint cards also typically record portions of lower joint areas of the fingers.
- Action Painting – Pollock. Print dribbled paint.
- Rediscovering the printing process after nearly 40 years has been an interesting process – disappointingly modern inks are not as rich in colour (earthy colours are very plastic like) and modern waterbased inks don’t become part of the surface, they sit on it, which is incredibly frustrating – the reason I took up printing in the first place was because of the absorbed flatness of the pigments.